SBP offers full consulting, verification, and performance testing services for LEED for Homes projects including single-family and multi-family design and construction.
Consulting, Process Administration & Documentation
Our consulting team helps projects successfully navigate the LEED for Homes process, managing projects from design through construction and during certification to ensure a smooth and efficient delivery of your LEED for Homes projects.
- Develop path to certification during Preliminary Rating Meeting
- Establish project LEED requirements and roles and responsibilities
- Review project documents to ensure LEED for Homes requirements are incorporated
- Review project submittals for compliance with LEED for Homes requirements
- Coordinate Verification Team activities
- Prepare submittal documentation required for certification
Energy Modeling & Analysis
SBP provides energy modeling services to demonstrate that the project meets LEED for Homes performance requirements. Our energy modeling team has extensive experience in performing energy analysis for the following project types:
- Single Family and Low-Rise - Use a HERS–approved modeling software to verify project complies with ENERGY STAR for Homes requirements.
- Mid-Rise - Use industry approved modeling software to verify project achieves energy cost savings relative to an ASHRAE 90.1 baseline building
Performance Testing & Verification
SBP has Green Raters and Energy Raters on staff providing verification services for LEED for Homes projects. Our verification team provides guidance early in the construction phase and closely coordinates activities with the project team.
- Perform at least two site visits (pre-drywall and final construction) to verify project installations and elements meet LEED for Homes requirements
- Review and compile submittal documentation prior to submission for certification
- Provide Trades Training for key subcontractors to review LEED requirements and expectations
- Perform on-site diagnostic testing, including duct leakage and blower door testing.
- Verify construction meets requirements listed on the Thermal Bypass Inspection Checklist
- Commission central commercial heating, cooling, water heating, and ventilation systems for multi-family projects