SBP offers full consulting, verification, and performance testing services for various residential rating systems, including but not limited to the following:
- LEED BD+C Multifamily Mid-rise
- National Green Building Standard (NGBS, ICC-700)
- Enterprise for Green Communities (EGC)
- ENERGY STAR for Homes
- ENERGY STAR Multifamily New Construction
- DOE Zero Energy Ready Homes (ZERH)
- Indoor AirPlus
SBP uses an integrated approach to deliver projects under these rating systems by pairing our consulting and testing & verification teams together to drive sustainable strategies and outcomes in the most efficient and effective way.
Consulting, Process Administration & Documentation<
Our consulting team helps projects successfully navigate the residential green building rating system process, managing projects from design through construction and during certification to ensure a smooth and efficient delivery of your residential project.
- Develop path to certification during Preliminary Rating Meeting
- Establish project requirements and roles and responsibilities
- Review project design documents to ensure rating system requirements are incorporated
- Review project submittals for compliance with rating system requirements
- Coordinate Verification Team activities (inspections and testing)
- Prepare submittal documentation packets required for certification
Energy Modeling & Analysis
SBP provides energy modeling services to demonstrate that the project meets targeted and required energy performance. Our energy modeling team has extensive experience in performing energy analysis for the following project types:
- Single Family and Low-Rise – Uses a HERS–approved modeling software to verify project complies with ENERGY STAR requirements.
- Mid-Rise – Uses industry approved modeling software to verify project achieves energy cost savings relative to an ASHRAE 90.1 baseline building
Performance Testing & Verification
SBP has in house Green Raters, Energy Raters, and Verifiers on staff. Our verification team provides guidance throughout the project design and construction phases, closely coordinating with the project team to ensure success during final testing and verification activities.
Green Rater and Verifier
- Pre-drywall and final construction site visits to verify project installations and elements meet green building rating system requirements
- Trades Training for key subcontractors to review rating system requirements and expectations
- Review and compile submittal documentation prior to submission for certification
Energy Rater and Commissioning
- Perform on-site diagnostic testing, including duct leakage and blower door testing
- Verify construction meets ENERGY STAR requirements and complete all required checklists
- Commission central commercial heating, cooling, water heating, and ventilation systems for multi-family projects